Thanks for reading the NetWise blog. Want to get these articles in your inbox when they go live? Sign up at the bottom.
You're not a data-driven marketer, you know it, and it's OK!
- It’s hard to setup the systems to track everything.
- It’s hard to know how to analyze everything.
- And, it’s hard to interpret the data and normalize in ways that make it comparable.
The single most important rule for B2B Marketers.
- Don’t go after your entire TAM.
- Don’t try to sell all your products and services at once.
- Don’t build your website for every customer and every product line…
How can you possibly focus with all this pressure?
- for a single product line
- focused on a single value proposition
- for a single member of the sales team
- via a single marketing channel
- single, single, single, etc., etc., etc…
Marketers are data analysts and engineers, and it's important we recognize this.
As a Marketing Engineer & Data Analyst (how does that feel?) it’s your job to identify the technologies that are going to…
- enable you and your team to plan projects
- ideate and generate ad campaigns
- organize and store media assets
- identify and target audiences by persona
- manage marketing budgets
- purchase ad space in the right places
- distribute copy and media to different channels
- share and engage on social media
- track and move prospects through a marketing funnel
- coordinate MQLs and SQLs with sales
- gather and analyze performance metrics